Supporting the water supply and sewerage systems Associations in the regions of Veliko Tarnovo, Gabrovo and Targovishte (2017-2018)
The company participated as a subcontractor of Eurolex Bulgaria Ltd under a contract concluded with the Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works. The purpose of the study is to prepare additional agreements to the signed Contracts for management, maintenance and operation of water supply and sewerage systems and facilities of Water and Sewerage Associations. The annexation of the Water and Sewerage Contracts aims to take into account the accession of new municipalities to the respective detached territory of the Water and Sewerage Operators.
As a result, the main text of the Water and Sewerage Contract is updated, as well as some of its annexes, related to: description of the boundaries of the detached territory; description of the water supply and sewerage assets provided for management – public property of the state and the municipalities; contractual indicators for quality of water supply and sewerage services; mandatory (minimum) level of investments by activities for each municipality in the detached territory annually for the term of the contract – water supply, sewerage and drainage.
The activities of the Consultant include:
- review and analysis of the Regional Master Plans for water supply and sewerage systems and their investment programs; review and analysis of the Operator’s business plan prepared for the regulatory period 2017-2021 and the financial statements of the Water and Sewerage Operators for the last three financial years and preparation of assessment of the financial state of the WSS Operator;
- participation in the preparation of an Annex to the signed Contracts for management, maintenance and operation of the WSS systems between the WSS Associations of the detached territory and the respective Operators servicing the WSS systems: “WSS Yovkovtsi” Ltd., Veliko Tarnovo, “WSS” Ltd., Gabrovo and “WSS” Ltd., Targovishte;
- preparing a revenue forecast for the period of the Contract with the Associations;
- preparation of a dynamic financial model of the investments (by funding sources) of the identified priority investments in the water supply and sewerage infrastructure for the term of the Contract with the Association;
- Training of experts from the water and sewerage Operators to work with the financial model;
- Participation in updating lists of water supply and sewerage assets – public-municipal and public-state property.
Client: Ministry of Regional Development and Public Works